Saturday, March 21, 2015

Soup's on!

Today was a crazy busy day (in fact a crazy busy month!!) and exploration of the day took me on a journey to the kitchen.

I love (I mean, LOVE!) squash and yet I rarely eat them (eating a whole squash myself is way too much.) So - I took the jump - I bought a squash and took it home. I Googled how to make Butternut Squash soup.

Here's the recipe I used:
- 1 Butternut squash, cubed
- 1 yellow pepper, cubed (the recipe called for red pepper, but I didn't have one)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic bulbs, mashed
- 1 tbsp salt (I used pink Himalayan)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Nutmeg & Cinnamon to taste
- (I also added some Paprika to make up for using a yellow pepper)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream ( I used Greek yogurt again because I had it)

Place all ingredients except the cream in a soup pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 35 minutes. Puree (I put it in my blender) and add cream.

I took an entire crock pot of this to a gathering today (Red Tent Temple Durham Region) and the women loved it! I came home with only a mason jar full! Yum!

J <3

No comments:

Post a Comment